Skip to main content

I build solutions that help everyday people live and work better.

My team and I bring together AI, software, and smart business thinking to turn new technology into solutions people actually use.

01
Problem
a real-world pain
02
People
who it's for
03
AI
what it unlocks
04
Software
how it works
05
Business model
why it lasts
06
Solution
one clear product
07
Real users
everyday people
01
Problem
a real-world pain
02
People
who it's for
03
AI
what it unlocks
04
Software
how it works
05
Business model
why it lasts
06
Solution
one clear product
07
Real users
everyday people

What I believe

I want anyone, at any age, to have the tools and team to build something that makes life better.

There's always a better way.

Plenty of businesses still run the way they did twenty years ago. I ask what happens if we try it differently, then build that.

Great tools should be available to everyone.

A meal program, a carpenter looking for work, and someone who can't afford a trainer all deserve tools that fit how they live.

Start small, prove it, then build.

The quickest fix that works beats a big plan that never ships. Once it's working, we grow it.

Great work takes a great team.

I start things fast and bring in people who are great at carrying them through. That's how the work gets done right.

What I've built

NextEpic

Managing Partner & Engineering LeadNow

NextEpic is a San Francisco-based software company. I'm managing partner and lead its engineering team, building fitness apps that put better training in the hands of everyday people.

Problem
Fitness companies need apps their customers love, built by developers who actually understand the fitness market. Most dev teams don't.
What we built
Our team has a deep fitness background, and some of us are certified personal trainers. We take fitness products from planning through release, so they reach the people who train with them every day.
Outcome
We've delivered fitness apps much faster and at higher quality than clients managed internally, getting them to market ahead of their competition.
Visit NextEpic →
Better World Meals dashboard showing year-to-date delivery statistics

Better World Software

Co-Founder & Technical Lead

Rose Snowdon founded Better World Software to bring software to nonprofits. I joined as Co-Founder in 2018 and returned in 2023 to help build its Meals on Wheels platform.

Problem
Charities and nonprofits aren't a target market for most tech companies, so many were stuck running on paper, spreadsheets, and manual processes. We saw that gap and set out to give them the software help they'd been looking for.
What we built
I helped land early clients like Meals on Wheels programs. In 2023 I returned full time. With another senior technical partner, I built the core routing, scheduling, inventory, and client modules of a platform that replaced paper and spreadsheets.
Outcome
It became the daily tool for staff and volunteers. Today it's Better Meal Delivery, led and grown by founder and CEO Rose Snowdon, and it serves meal programs across Canada and the US.
Visit Better World Software →
Korpus app home screen with scam check results

Korpus

MVP Builder & AdvisorAdvising

I built the Korpus MVP from the ground up and now advise the team on product and engineering.

Problem
Scam texts hit parents and grandparents hardest, and guessing wrong is costly. They need a trustworthy answer in seconds.
What we built
We built the MVP in about 30 days: screenshot upload, AI analysis that checks links and common scam patterns, and a plain-language verdict with an explanation. It runs in the browser with nothing to install, so every generation can use it.
Outcome
An app that helps people spot scams before they get taken, so fewer families lose money to fraud.
Visit Korpus →
GAIN app showing a personalized workout plan

GAIN

Co-Founder & Engineering LeadNow

I co-founded GAIN and lead its engineering, building the app from first idea to launch.

Problem
Working out without a plan leads to stalled progress or injury, and a personal trainer is out of reach for most people.
What we built
We built a coach-quality workout app. It plans your workout each day from your goals, experience, injuries, time, and equipment, and adjusts when life gets busy.
Outcome
A coach-quality fitness app that gives everyday people a personal plan without the cost of a trainer.
Visit GAIN →

About me

Dustin Parnell

Everything I build starts with a real person and a real problem. I've built multiple engineering teams from the ground up. I've coached a support person into a developer, and I set teams up with the systems, training, and support they need to run on their own, so the work keeps moving well even when I'm focused elsewhere.

I'm at my best getting new things off the ground. For each project I pull in the right people from a trusted network of designers, developers, and industry experts, so you get a full team without having to hire one. You work directly with me, and the team does the building. I do this work through Parnell Strategy, my Vancouver company.

Tell me what you're working on

Fitness projects go through NextEpic. Founders and business owners work with me through Parnell Strategy. A few sentences is plenty. I read every message.